Saturday, September 25, 2010

Free Fun

Ever since my June engagement I've been collecting ideas from the internet.  As a teen, I began anticipating the day that I could begin hoarding bridal magazines and ripping out pages of inspiration to put in a gigantic binder to show to my friends.  But that was, like, so 1990's.  It's 2010, and everything a magazine provides can be found on the internet.  And although I appreciate the handheld accessibility of a magazine, they aren't very good for the planet.  So go ahead ladies, ditch the subscription and collect as many free images as you want via the net.  Hey, six bucks is six bucks.  And six bucks three times a month for a year is enough dough to upgrade your wedding favors from little glass jars of M&M's to little glass jars of personalized M&M's.
Here are a few of my favorite images of inspiration for my autumn-of-next-year backyard wedding:
I'm a big fan of chalkboard signs.  I don't know why.  Pic from Style Me Pretty.

Carmel apples the size of my head do not appeal to me.  But mini caramel apples are brilliant.  Pic from Martha Stewart Weddings.

Mason jars and whichever flowers are fresh and in season at the Downtown LA Flower Mart will be a staple at my bash. Style Me Pretty

I'm hoping I can create something like this for my bridesmaids.  Style Me Pretty.

I don't know what to do with this, exactly, but I really like the sign... and the cake!  Style Me Pretty.
Happy hunting!
~ the green/green bride


No comments:

Post a Comment